Sunday, December 13, 2009

End thoughts (Blog #8)

Well, the first semester has come and gone. I can't believe how quickly it went. I've met a lot of great people and learned a lot of valuable information. I think the most important thing I've learned is the importance of waiting on God, no matter what the situation might be. This really became apparent when I interviewed Will for the Christian nurse paper. God blatantly told Will that he wanted him to become a nurse. Wow. I wish it had been that clear for me. Now that I am 25% of the way through nursing school (hallelujah), I thought for sure I would know that this is what God has called me to do. Honestly, I am not even sure I like what I am doing. I love being with people and helping them, but I don't know if I am going to like being a nurse. Admitting this scares me, as I have spent a lot of time, money, and tears getting me to where I am today, but I think realizing this is the first step in helping me understand why I feel this way. This semester has helped me realize that while I know I am supposed to be in the medical field, I am not quite sure what role I will play. Maybe becoming a nurse is the first step that will take me there. But for now, I'm just going to worry about the next few days....finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment