As I have been writing my Nursing Praxis, I have found that I am a complex person. I have never thought so. I will probably deny admitting it later on. But there is no easy way to explain how I think, what I feel, and who I am. I have always thought I've led a normal, easy life, in which nothing ever happens to me and probably never will. How could I have not seen the adventure in my life? How could I have been blind to the twist and turns each decision made that finally led me to where I am today? I am so happy to have completed this paper, so that I can finally see that I am not normal. My life, is not simple. I lead an exciting life, one which calls for adventure and risk. A life that belongs to God is never boring. And a life that follows Jesus is one that will never sit on the sidelines. I praise Jesus for the grace he has given me; grace which enables, encourages, and strengthens me. Without it I would not have a hope of becoming a nurse. Because a nurse is not "normal."
That being said, I'm thinking about all of the people I know. The smart ones. The funny ones. The slightly weird ones and the kind ones. I need to look past what I think I know about them, and find out what makes them special and unique, because doing this will help me see them as whole people with emotions, dreams, and incredible futures that God has planned for them. What an amazing thing to ponder. This not only applies to my friends, but to my patients. I may know simple facts about them, like their diagnoses or names, but I need to look past that and see God's image in them. No one is normal. And no one is simple. We all play roles in God's story, and I just need to remember that every step of the way.
Why is it so easy for us to think that we aren't special, or unique? It's nothing but an attack from the enemy. We need to band together and build each other up!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay, Praxis paper!
ReplyDelete